Introducing the First Ever Self-Care & Wellness Summit

It was less than two years ago that I had my first experience with salt therapy, something that radically changed my health and eventually brought major changes to other areas of my life. On a personal level, salt therapy was the answer I had spent years looking for. (More on this in another blog post soon!)

I quickly became very passionate about salt therapy and holistic health care in general. Before we even had any plans to open The Salt Room I was telling friends and family about salt therapy with great excitement. The Salt Room opened later that year. I knew I wanted to help others that struggled with health problems like I did, and I also wanted to spread the word of the importance of regular self-care to others. I truly believe that we cannot be there for others if we don't take care of ourselves first.



I also know that salt therapy is not the life-changing answer for everyone like it was for me. We all have different health issues and symptoms, and what works for one person might not work for another. I wanted to help other people find that missing link that could change their life like I did. For me it is salt therapy, for a friend of mine it is acupuncture. She says she absolutely cannot function without it. The answer for you may be something you've never heard of yet, or maybe something you have heard of but haven't had the chance to try, or a combination of things.

I think the most important thing on your wellness journey is to keep an open mind and to keep trying new things. I am so thankful that someone mentioned salt therapy to me, because I had never heard of it before and it was exactly what I needed. I had tried so many different things that didn't work for me so I was skeptical, but if I wouldn't have kept trying new things I wouldn't be feeling as well as I do today. I still have a long way to go on my wellness journey, so it is important to have the support of others.


Seeing how my life could change when I regained some control over my health sparked my desire to have an event where people could learn about a lot of different wellness products and services in one place. I am really lucky to have partnered with my friend Michelle Vandeyacht of Komorebi & Co. to bring the Self-Care & Wellness Summit to the Fox Valley area. We both have a passion for helping others on their wellness journey and we are so excited to bring this event to our community.


Even if you just want to learn about safe skincare products or better eating habits or if you just want to live a healthier lifestyle to prevent health problems from starting, this event is for you. The Self-Care & Wellness Summit will have a wide variety of different wellness products and services to learn about. There will be speakers and live demonstrations to watch throughout the day. We will also be giving away door prizes and tote bags to fill with information and products! This event is the week before black Friday and small business Saturday, so many of these businesses will be also offering special deals for those of you who want to get some holiday shopping done, or if you just want to treat yourself!

We all have different needs, but wellness is important for everyone and we can all benefit from regular self-care. Some of these things are new to us as well and we can't wait to learn at this event as well as teach others about our services. We hope to see you there!




On behalf of the summit team, I would also like to thank the many businesses that are going to be at this event. They all have so much to offer and we can't wait to network and learn from them. The summit would not have been possible without so many great people wanting to be involved.


_________________________________


Salt Room Appleton

Comments

Popular Posts